Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lello

Outside of Siena, Toscana, Italia

I just woke up from a long night sleep and cuddle with the cutest cat. I am inside a smallish tuscan farmhouse turned house by a crazy 45 year old motorcycling hippy named Lello. SHaggy hair, open shirt, no pants, big smile. We've been here for two days now and it is a really great set up. All different colored walls with relics from his life, motorcycle posters, a huge clay jar, pillows from nicaragua, probably 50 iron or bronze keys from abandoned farmhouses on the wall, 50 cowbells, . shells, babushka dolls, spoons, a big map... a dream house, really, it has this very sexy vibe to it. It has a really nice shower, big with lots of different colored tiles and see through glass and a seat.
He took me on a motorcycle ride through the countryside on his harley to go get fruit from a fruit stand. We went on the highway so fast my shirt was flapping off, my helmet was falling back, i think i might have been choking him, and tears were flying out of my eyes into my ears. We did the same thing last night but I was much calmer, looking at the full moon which was ORANGE hanging down on the bottom of the sky.
The first day we arrived, we put rum in a watermelon and squeezed it out into cups to drink. Then we listened to disco music for maybe 8 hours straight which was exactly what Sophie and I wanted. We were elated. Last night we had a big dinner altogether and we ate ravioli, another kind of penne pasta, lots of different cheeses, amazing bread, gelato, grappa, limoncello and a walnut liqueur that he made from scratch.

Things that I have fed his cat who acts like a dog and begs for food from under the table:
- a tomato with olive oil
- tuna
- pasta
- basil leaf
- garlic
- bread
- a cherry

all of which she enjoyed immensely. Her name is Beatrice and it is taking all I have to not steal her.

I am not sad to leave, but definitely could do for a little more time with this man. His italian english switches are really good for practice, he's hilarious, affectionate, and really smart and he mumbles obscenities about ridiculous things... example, one time he was talking about how he used to be a baker and he quit, and he started saying in italian ' fuck off flour! fuck off sugar! I dont want anything to do with you anymore, you big shit dick!'

Sophie and my italian are coming along quite nicely.
Now we're off to Perugia to eat some chocolate and stay in a tiny apartment with a DJ! music all around, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment